Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lost in my thoughts

I just realized...that in most of what i have written...whenever i have mentioned the night sky...it has been moonless. Yes, i do I have a fascination for the moonless night...the dark and peaceful moonless night. I realized that there are a lot of things that fascinate me. I tend to drift a lot...become lost in my own little world with my colorful thoughts. It so often happens in the middle of a lecture...but a lot of other times as well. Sometimes i stare blankly at the wall...or the moving fan...and find myself in a trance. But most often then not...it happens when see something...something that catches my eye and rips me out of my body...drags me towards itself and leaves me frozen...enchanted. The feeling of going blank in your mind and senses...is oddly peaceful. Unfortunately...or fortunately...there are a lot of things that do this to me.

A flickering candle flame...the sound of thunder....flash of lightening...blue eyes...rain...oil drop on water...dew drop on a leaf...the swirl of water in a drain...the ripples on a pond...a butterfly landing on a twig...a squirrel gobbling groundnuts...rising smoke...lips... the full yellow moon...the white sun on a foggy winter afternoon...howling of the wind...kissing...heat rising from the road on a burning summer day...a drop of sweat on the tip of my nose...an orgasm...flickering of a bulb...smoothness of the scales of a snake...a falling star...wolves...black and white photographs...a dark moonless night...scanning tunneling electron micrographs of living cells zoomed millions of times...the wheel of a moving car...clouds moving across the moon...chirping of crickets...the fog...

There is so much to see...so much more to imagine...

No comments: