Thursday, February 19, 2009

....these eyes feel so heavy...warm....wet...
My fingers move slowly across the page...as they wield the pen...
The words on the pages have become blurred...
My breath has slowed down...
The sound of "Midnight by Jimi Hendrix" playing in the background dies away.
....and i let my eyelids fall....

Somewhere deep inside my mind, a poem comes calling out...
in the soft mellow voice of my english teacher...

"the woods are lovely..dark and deep...
but i have got promises to keep.
Miles to go before i sleep...
Miles to go before i sleep."

The words pull my falling mind back on to the shore.
The sound of the guitar comes rushing into my ears...
I force my eyes open...
My fingers grip the pen tighter...
The words have chosen to glow again...

...and i continue to write...
..into the night...
...into the dark and silent night...

No comments: