Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kaleidoscope

This.... is not.... a figure of speech...
What... was once born... shall never be free...
In the flame that dances... the air burns...
Just like diamonds... burning into nothing...
Embers float into the night sky...
Leaving the ash...to grow old...
I waited a long... long... time...
But the dust... did not turn to gold...
And when i tried to walk away...
The sand would not let me be...
It followed me home... became my family...

If i could write a song...
It would be a hundred miles long...
But would you listen... and not walk away...
Remain where you belong?
The colors dance and change shape...
We become... what we want to make...
So see through me... as i look through you...
Disappear in the blink of an eye... and i will too...
Turn it over... inside out...
And we can start over... with what we lacked...
They're just stones ... and nothing more...
We can always comeback... comeback...

No comments: